The role of the BSCP is to promote and enhance a sense of social connection and neighbourliness at Barangaroo South by:
- Supporting the interests of local businesses and communities in achieving social and environmentally sustainable outcomes
- Facilitating opportunities for employment skilling and training, as well as social procurement with local small businesses
- Supporting, respecting and celebrating Indigenous culture
- Supporting place activation, arts and cultural programs for the Precinct in cooperation with the Barangaroo Delivery Authority
- Supporting multiple opportunities for community connection, two-way dialogue to promote health and wellbeing activities, diversity and social inclusion and employee engagement
- Supporting opportunities for capacity building through purposeful community volunteering, leveraging the skills and experience of people working and living in the Precinct
The Partnership aims to be an enduring, self-sustaining collaboration, managed by the participants, delivering innovative programs that are a testament to Barangaroo being an international icon for sustainable urban regeneration. For organisations with a profound commitment to sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility, the BSCP presents a compelling pathway for bringing to life sustainability programs and a potential incubation hub for innovative social impact initiatives.
- Origin Energy
- Gilbert and Tobin
- Barangaroo Development Authority
- Baker McKenzie
- Pernod Ricard
The BSCP provides an important conduit to building community engagement beyond the developer’s role, to reflect key five priorities in the precinct:
- Diversity & Inclusion: Through thought leadership, advocacy and collaborative partnerships, Barangaroo South aims to advance equity, inclusion and social connection.
- Indigenous Engagement: Barangaroo South aims to support and drive authentic two way exchange of cooperation, respect and cultural celebration local first peoples
- Health & Wellbeing: Through active and healthy living opportunities, everyone who comes to Barangaroo South can improve their wellbeing.
- Skilled Volunteering: Everyone has the chance to make a meaningful difference by volunteering time and skills to meet local community needs
- Environmental Sustainability: Barangaroo South is a place that enhances Sydney’s position as a must-see destination. Just as the landmark architecture, waterfront location and vibrant retail offering are attracting interest, the precinct’s environmental sustainability attributes are equally key to this success.
The Joint Working Group of BSCP participants sets strategic direction in annual program planning, advocacy/sponsorship and resourcing efforts. The Group oversees these five ‘Networks’ which provide multiple avenues for strategic collaborations and a range of opportunities for purposeful employee engagement.
For more information on the BSCP please contact email@example.com